12. Tasty, nutritious eggs.
11. Beautiful, versatile egg shells.
10. Physical beauty. Unique lawn ornaments.
White Plymouth Rock, Marilyn (L) and Columbian Wyandotte , Lola(R)
Cindy, Barred Plymouth Rock
Buff Orpington chicks, White Silkie, Freida and Olive Egger, Oliva (Speckled Sussex tail showing behind Freida)
Polish Crested hen.
9. Nitrogen-rich, premium composing material for gardening. (Yes, even if they subsequently use the garden as a nesting area.)
8. Garden cultivation, weed-eating and composting assistance.
7. Extermination services.
(mosquitoes, ticks, grubs, spiders, snakes...)
6. A brick in the walkway of self-sufficiency.
5. Opportunities to teach children about responsibility, where food comes from and the circle of life.
Polish Crested chicks dust bathing
Rachel, bantam Cochin Frizzle, playing fetch. ☺
2.Beautiful feathers for crafting, jewelry making or fly tying.
1. Two words: baby chicks!